Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 33 :: The Upper Room

Hated by the World
February 25, 2015
Don Schmidt  Associate Pastor | Adult Ministries & Connections

Wow! Who can imagine hating God? Upon reading this passage, I assumed that this passage was only intended for those in Jesus’ day who wanted to kill him. Though true, this can also be true of me. Later, my mind shifted to Matthew 12:30 where Jesus said, "Whoever is not with me is against me; and whoever does not gather with me scatters." I was reminded of the importance of aligning my life with God's agenda and how not doing so is to hate Him.

Jesus began his discourse in Matthew 12 with this analogy: "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid to waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand" (12:25). This is a fitting challenge for us at Calvary. Our "house" can only stand against Satan if we are united as a church in our pursuit of God's agenda.

It is no surprise that the world will hate God and oppose His agenda. Nor should it be a surprise when the world opposes us as we pursue God's agenda. Jesus told the disciples to expect that. It should never be said that we, as believers, were anything but wholly committed to the purposes of God for our lives and our church. Join us in praying that God will grant each of us clarity of vision and singularity of purpose.


TWEET THIS: Do you wonder if you are in alignment with God’s agenda? The Bible says that the world will hate you if you are. #UpperRoom