Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 5 :: Nehemiah Devotions

Prayer: Supplication
Ramon Vielza, Campus Pastor | Southside
Nehemiah 1:11
In 2004, my family and I relocated to pastor a church in Jatibonico, Cuba. The church was in ruins physically and spiritually; the church building was crumbling and the devil had consumed many of the families of the faith.
God had given me a vision, one very far from my own abilities, to begin a church planting movement. Hundreds of cities and towns needed the gospel and I knew that God had sent me, but how would I be able to accomplish this?
Following the actions of Nehemiah completely changed my life. I challenged the church to begin praying and petitioning God, every day at 5:00 am. Roughly 40 brothers from the church gathered with me to pray every day for the entire year; the events that followed were the miracles we had been praying for.
The heavens were opened:
  • The communist Cuban government gave us permission to reconstruct our church. We also constructed a Missionary Training Center and a house for the pastor.
  • We trained and sent missionaries to more than 170 towns and cities, to plant new churches, and to win souls in the name of Jesus Christ.

I come from a place where you can learn about the challenges of life and where the challenges we face are like doors that seem impossible to open, but we serve the God of the heavens and the earth! 
Prayer/Challenge
Lord, teach us to pray.  We want to understand the unknown and we ask that you raise up men and women in our church who seek you in order to open every door you place before us.