Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 33 :: Rare Elements

Daily Worship: Participating--An Attitude of Expectation
Larry White, Associate Pastor | Worship

Worship is a verb, but it's more than an outward action. Here in Psalm 95, we see a song of praise to our God. In the first five verses, the writer helps us to see just how great our God is in character and deed. We are reminded that from the highest mountain to the deepest sea, it is all in His hands. Throughout this passage we are directed to see and honor the greatness of our God. Verse six reminds us to kneel before Him.  


The act of kneeling is important here. Not only am I acknowledging who God is by knelling down, but I am taking a place of humility. As a Christ follower, it is important that my attitude be kept in check. Every day I'm given the choice to better know God and to offer Him worship with my life. When I kneel in worship, I'm saying to God and to myself that I am not in control.  When I bow low before the creator, ask for His forgiveness, and request His leading in my day, I rise to live life as a true worshiper. The very kind that Jesus Himself said the Father is seeking in John 4. 


From this humble place, I can recognize the work of God in and around me. I can join the work of God and watch as He is exalted through my availability. Lifestyle worshipers then take on an attitude of expectation as we await all that God will direct in our day and walk through every moment in fellowship with Him!


Prayer/Challenge


Today, will you kneel before the Lord? Will you lay yourself before him? Will you choose to offer him your WHOLE life? Will you go through your day honoring the Lord in all you do? Will you look with expectation throughout your day for how God may be working in your life and join Him? 


TWEETABLE QUOTE: Lifestyle worshipers take on an attitude of expectation and await all that God will direct in their day and walk through every moment in fellowship with Him!