Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 23 :: Rare Elements

Matthew 16
My Next: Faith Show-er
Dr. Gary Chapman, Sr. Associate Pastor


For the Christian, faith is taking God at His word. It is believing that what God says is true and  deserves my complete devotion. This kind of faith will be shown in how we face life and how we respond to what comes to our path. Some things in life are chosen.  Others things in life come to us unexpectedly. Our choices should demonstrate our faith; they should be made in keeping with God’s word. Our response to the unexpected should also reveal our faith “I know that all things work together for good to those who love God.”



If someone closely examined my life, would they come away with the conclusion that I am a person of faith? That I take God and His word seriously? Do the decisions I have made this week reflect my faith in God? Does my response to the painful things in life reveal that I believe that God is in control and will be with me in “the valley of the shadow of death”? 



All people have faith – they believe something to be true. Christian faith is not blind faith. Rather it is faith based upon God’s revelation of Himself, in nature, through the prophets, and supremely in Christ who walked among us and shared God’s plans for us. Such faith will always “show itself” in how we live life. Am I a ‘faith show-er’? 


TWEETABLE QUOTE:  If someone closely examined my life, would they come away with the conclusion that I am a person of faith?  That I take God and His word seriously?