Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 21 :: Rare Elements

Matthew 16
My Next: Bible Reader and Word-Doer
Karen Malek, Director | Preschool Ministry


Jesus tells us in Matthew 16:24,”If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” Deny self, live like Jesus…words that we hear but seldom put into practice in our lives.

While meditating on these words the question that came to mind was, “what is a life coach?” This term we have heard and even may know people who have one so what is it? The Oxford Dictionary defines life coach this way, “a person who counsels and encourages clients on matters having to do with careers or personal challenges.” Jesus tells us in Matthew 16:24-26 that life challenges are about living like Jesus. The Bible is Jesus, our life coach, talking to us and pointing us to the way we should live out our lives. How we should love and serve others, how to tell others about Him, how we should live like Him. Our example to follow, words to live by are found in the Word of God to read, study, meditate on and to guide us on career choices, personal challenges, dealing with others.

The question then would be do I love God’s word, am I daily spending time in His word and growing in spiritual maturity to be like Jesus.  When faced with all the daily decisions and choices in life do I rely on God’s Word to guide and direct me and in doing so living not the way I would want but the way Jesus would live?